Home » DataDirect Forums » DataDirect Developer Forums » Connect for ODBC

Thread: Oracle 10g and Merant DataDirect 4.20

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 7:55 AM by: smg
pta

Oracle 10g and Merant DataDirect 4.20
Posted: Jan 11, 2007 7:48 AM
  Click to reply to this thread Reply

I was not able to find any information about Merant DataDirect ODBC driver version 4.20 support for Oracle 10g Rel 2 database. Can someone help? My problem:

We are trying to get a list of stored procedures in Oracle 10g DB by using above mentioned ODBC driver connection. However, listing against database does not return any of the users schema stored procedures including procedures in packages. Is this limitation that comes with the 4.20 driver or does user have insufficient privileges? If listing is done against Oracle 9i database, everything works ok. The 9i database user has same privileges compared to the user in 10g database. I have also tried to give DBA rights to 10g which should result to see all schema objects in the database. This won't help either.

pta

Re: Oracle 10g and Merant DataDirect 4.20
Posted: Jan 11, 2007 7:53 AM   in response to: pta

For an addition: Oracle trace utility shows that ODBC driver (or something related to that) executes different SQL select statement when listing stored procedures in 10g than listing in 9i.

smg

Re: Oracle 10g and Merant DataDirect 4.20
Posted: Jan 11, 2007 7:55 AM   in response to: pta

The DataDirect 4.2 ODBC driver for Oracle does not support Oracle 10g and higher databases.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums